Yes, it’s time to polish that beer resume. The hunt is on for the 2007 Beerdrinker of the Year.
Highlights from the press release:
Wynkoop Brewing Company – Denver’s first brewpub and one of America’s most respected microbrewing establishments – is now conducting its search for the 2007 Beerdrinker of the Year.
The annual contest seeks and honors the most passionate, knowledgeable beer lover in the United States. Wynkoop is now seeking “beer resumes” from the nation’s most beer-minded men and women.
Resumes must include each entrant’s beerdrinking philosophy and details highlighting their passion for beer. Resumes should provide evidence of the entrant’s understanding of beer, its history, and its importance to civilization.
Resumes must be received by Wynkoop by no later than December 31, 2006.
Resumes for the Beerdrinker of the Year award are reviewed by a collection of the nation’s beer experts, beer journalists and previous Beerdrinker winners. The top three entrants will be flown to Wynkoop Brewing Company (at Wynkoop’s expense) for the Beerdrinker of the Year finals on February 24, 2007.
What you really need to know:
• Resumes must include the entrant’s personal philosophy of beerdrinking.
• Do not enter if you are currently employed in the brewing industry.
• Resumes with both rich beeriness and humor are welcomed.
• Beer resumes cannot exceed three 8 1⁄2″ x 11″ pages and must be written in a 12-point or larger font.
• Resumes must include the name of the entrant’s home brewpub or beer bar, and their T-shirt size.
• Resumes created in Word can be emailed to Wynkoop Brewing Company (sent as an email attachment) to email@example.com.
Beerdrinker of the Year resumes can be sent by mail to:
The Beerdrinker of the Year
Wynkoop Brewing Company
1634 Eighteenth Street
Denver, Colorado 80202