The Montana Brewers Association has requested that beer enthusiasts take action to support legislation shifting tap room hours at breweries.
The association provided the following information:
The hearing for SB202 to shift the Tap Room Hours is scheduled for Thursday (Feb. 17) in the Senate Business, Labor, and Economic Affairs Committee .
We need your help. Please contact committee members now and ask them to support SB 202. The committee members are:
Chair: Joe Balyeat (R-Bozeman)
Vice Chair: Verdell Jackson (R-Kalispell)
Carmine Mowbray (R-Polson)
Tom Facey (D-Missoula)
Eric Moore (R-Miles City)
Donald Steinbeisser (R-Sidney)
Sharon Stewart-Peregoy (D-Crow Agency)
Mitch Tropila (D-Great Falls)
Bruce Tutvedt (R-Kalispell)
Gene Vuckovich (D-Anaconda)
Jonathan Windy Boy (D-Box Elder)
Important points about the bill:
• It does not increase tap room hours. It shifts them from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. to noon-10 p.m.
• It meets the expectations of Montanans and better accommodates the visiting public and tourists’ schedules.
• Brewers will still be limited to serving 48 ounces per person per day and are not asking to increase this limit.
• It aligns with neighboring and regional state laws, which have no hours restrictions.
• It aligns with Montana wineries laws, which have no serving hours restrictions.