Beer drinkers wanted
Wynkoop begins search; Super Bowl of Suds Jan. 18
Sept 12, 2002 - Denver's Wynkoop Brewing Co. has begun its annual search for Beerdrinker of the Year. The Super Bowl of Suds final competition will be Jan. 18 at Wynkoop in Denver. The winner will receive:
- Free beer for life at the Wynkoop Brewing Company.
- $100 worth of beer at the winner's home brewpub.
- Various items of apparel proclaiming the wearer as The 2003 Beerdrinker of the Year.
- The engraving of the winner's name on the very special trophy that is on perpetual display at the Wynkoop.
Three finalists earn a "most-expenses-paid" trip to Denver for the finals. To enter:
Prepare a beer resume detailing key aspects of your beer expertise including your accomplishments involving brewpubs, breweries, beer tastings, beer adventures, beer memorabilia, and beer making. "A good beer resume demonstrates the range and depth of the candidate's beeriness," according to a Wynkoop press release.
Entries are due by Nov. 8. Some other rules:
- Beer resume must not exceed three pages (8 1/2" x 11").
- It must include your personal philosophy of beerdrinking.
- It must include the name of your home brewpub.
- It must include your T-shirt size.
- Do not send beer.
- Do not enter if you are currently employed in the brewing industry. Or if you are someone Wynkoop would have to fly in for the National Finals from outside the lower 48 states.
Math teacher wins 2001 honors.
Search The Real Beer Library For More Articles Related To:
Wynkoop Brewing, Beerdrinker of the Year