Boston Ale crowned in Finland
Samuel Adams beer shines at Helsinki Festival
Apr 3, 2001 - Samuel Adams Boston Ale was awarded Beer of the Year at the recent Helsinki Beer Festival. Boston Ale is available in both supermarkets and bars in Finland.
The fourth Helinski festival drew 12,000 beer lovers over three days. The festival features a wide range of international beers as well as ciders and whiskies. This year's focus was on American microbrewed beers, with beers featured at the festival and in popular beer bars after the festival.
An international panel of professionals judged the competition.
The Beer of the Year
Samuel Adams Boston Ale
Bottom-fermented beers (below 6 % abv)
1. Velkopopovicky Kozel Premium (Czech Republic)
2. Samuel Adams Boston Lager (U.S.A.)
3. Weltenburger Kloster Barock-Dunkel (Germany)
Top-fermented beers (below 6 % abv)
1. Samuel Adams Boston Ale (U.S.A.)
2. Hoegaarden Witte (Belgium)
3. Andechser Weissbier Hefetrub (Germany)
Strong beers (over 6 % abv)
1. St. Peter's Winter Ale (U.K.)
2. Saku Porter (Estonia)
3. Barbar (Belgium)
1. Hippaheikki, Teerenpeli, Lahti
2. Stadin Panimon Dubbel, Stadin Panimo, Helsinki
3. Finlandia Sahti Strong, Finlandia Sahti, Forssa
1. Black Rat (U.K.)
2. La Cidraie Original (France)
3. Oiva Omenasiideri Kuiva (Finland)
1. Bushmills Malt 16 Years Old (Ireland)
2. Bowmore 12 Years Old (Scotland)
3. Grants 15 Years Old (Scotland)
Next year's festival is scheduled for April 4-6, and again will be held at the Cable Factory in Helsinki.
Search The Real Beer Library For More Articles Related To:
FINLAND, Boston Beer Co., Hoegaarden, Helsinki Beer Festival