- walker and the brotherhood of the grape, a ny-based,buk and fante muse-ized music.
- brought to my attention from several buk kooks are the items on auction at ebay.com. if you're into collecting and have some spare change, this site is the shit. i've seen original painted works and signed, unpublished poems in there. they can get pretty pricey, too; some items over $500. i can't validate the authenticity of the merchandise, but the listings look impressive.
the official german buk-society site managed by roni is well worth the click. it's all in german, but you'll get a good feel for the work after a page or two. make sure you check out the collection of buk pictures on the site.
- a site by colby buzzell with bio from hostage liner
- you might have read the directions to buk's grave site from david badders on the loss page, and here is a grave site finder page
- a decent bibliography
- the ugliest man in town - an auto/biographical account of two encounters in the late 60s with bukowski by john hill. excerpted from a forthcoming book.
- john clark, whose work graces some of the sure pages informs me that his work is also available in his ploplop poetry zine available by snailmail at PO Box 11443, Indianapolis IN 46201. . check them out.
- excellent buk page in italian and some inglese. well worth the visit. hunt around awhile. maintained by email@example.com.
- resister with the accent over the first "e" has buk links and info in english and french. maintained by francis juif vive buk.
- this buk page has poems, magazine articles, letters, pictures and a great look at the poet through linda king's eyes; maintained by michael phillips, a talented web designer. while on the site, check out his photography and airstream chronicles. you never know what you'll uncover or who you'll meet on the way...
- joe willcox's page is hosted at the University of Kent at Canterbury where he is a humanities and applied computing undergrad in the UK. lots of poems, pics, bio, and letters, mostly mined from other sites from what i can tell, and neatly organized. he says he make no guarantees about accuracy etc., and the server may be unreliable, but welcomes comments/suggestions.
- rikki hollywood's buk zine. not much depth to this site but there's ordering info there for a real world zine run by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- if you're into beat the dumigod has your links. including one for buk.
- a tribute of emulation to bukowski by bakeowski who has published some of his own tragedies online.
- chiron review published some of buk's work in the past and is accepting poetry submissions. you can contact michael hathaway and see some good contemporary beat poetry at the site.
- black sparrow books has a site. almost. their order form doesn't order and their book excerpts are all huge gif images. there are buk post cards, t-shirts and cds which all look very cool, but you can't actually get them online. send complaints to: michelle filshie requesting them to get current and let me know when the do. a similar dis-strategy yielded a stunning and beautiful website from their graphic arts folks, as you'll see below.
- black sparrow gaphic arts has done a beautiful job of updating their pages and i'm having to eat a little crow. i flamed the first incarnation of the site, and need to set the record straight. thomas lundstrom, webmaster, wrote, "Black Sparrow Press (publisher of bukowski books) is like the mother to the little kid called Black Sparrow Graphic Arts. We make a couple of Artist's books a year. That's it. Go and see for yourself. Our site has a lot of cool new stuff, Buk drawings, photos, manuscripts etc. Also many of R.Crumb's comic book covers." make sure you visit with a frames-capable browser to take full advantage of the navigation.
- a buk page with excerpted poems and quotes awaits you thanks to the tribute created by jamie and otter.
- For some poems and shorts from buk, check out matt hall's bukowski page. he's got some unauthorized poems published on his site. if you've never read buk, try these... the first ones are free but the ride it isn't....
- cult fiction page. bukoski tapes, videos, zines, bootlegs, tshirts, and more. this page acts as anthology and price list for authorized and underground buk works and jamie, the page's creator says, "if you want to purchase any of the items reviewed here but can't find them in your local store then
please e-mail me and I should be able to point you in the right direction."
- buck's beat page info on kerouac, ginsberg, burroughs and buk links.
- oyster boy review's buk page very solid page with compendium of anthologies, biographies, reviews, poetry and more. nice work. authored by Damon_Sauve@unc.edu 6/4/96.
- michael mcmullough's hank pages wow. check out these pages. if you want some insight about buk, mccullogh's done a great job.
- addicted to noise feature article is an excellent five page article with sounds, pictures and story telling that almost bring the man back to life... authored by richard meltzer
- magna mundi, produced in brazil by rodrigo monteiro gongalves. if you have a frames browser, scroll down on the top bar to find the bukowski link. some buk poems are available in portuguese, along with a cool crumb cover.
- robert daeley's buk page a poem and excellent links. new page that looks great. (11/19/95).
- godot asks. "who is bukowski" wired on some seattle-based joe
- poetry in motion cd if you're buying this cd for bukowski, don't waste your money. ask for a demo, listen to the 2 minutes of bukowski and leave. if you want the other stuff, knock yourself out...
- poetry in motion II if anyone springs for the cd-rom, please let me know if it was any better than #1 for bukowski content...
- charles bukowski and more: undergroundegedichte anderer anerikanishcer autoren
maintained by mischa reinhardt i'm not sure what they're saying, but there are some very nice pictures of buk and one poem in english called new mexico.
- obscenity in classical latin, a tongue-in-cheek (?) comparison of bukowski and catullus.
- the picture palace "wino xing" page. here you can order barfly, crazy love, tales of ordinay madness and walls in the city videos.
- larry loves buk and lots of links pages take forever to load but contains pretty good links.
- poems from the basement self described as a poor-man's home page for "bad writing."...nothing fancy...trying to put something together with buk's flavour...holding short of direkt imitation....hoping to present something to a small press.. feel there is power in numbers... but need to weed out the Kopy-Kats.... difficult maneuver... topping the old guy, well that won't be done..no matter how many skirts or bottles raised...but there are new voices...check out
INCOMMUNICADO PRESS, P.O. BOX 99090, SAN DIEGO,CA. 92169...see my home page under
"SUGGESTED TITLES." on my home page... titles listed good reads and think the minor print
firm on good track....
if you create a page or internet resource on bukowski, please let me know so i can throw a link your way: email@example.com